OFF THE LINE EPISODE 3:
CHILE VERDE - Cinco de Mayo Feast
Recipe by: Chef Justin and Adam
- Cut pork into 1-1 ½ inch cubes. Toss with cumin, coriander, garlic, chile powder, salt, corn starch, and oil.
- Spread out evenly and cook at 450-500 degrees for 15 minutes until you have a nice crispy coating on the pork.
- In 8 qt stockpot, saute chopped onion, poblanos, jalapeno, and cilantro in oil on medium-high heat for at least 5 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- Add chicken broth and tomatillos and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add pork, and cook for 1-1 ½ hours until pork is very tender.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch and ¼ cup water and add. Bring back to a boil and you are done.
Part 2 Instructions:
- While you are cooking the verde, in a rice cooker add rice, 2 cups water, and achiote, cook as directed.
- Once verde and rice are done, serve verde in a bowl with a scoop of rice, Mexican sour cream, and cilantro, you can also serve with warm tortillas.
Also in this episode: