OFF THE LINE:
LOADED CHILI DOGS
- Chef Justin O'neill, Enterprise Account Executive
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef (we used 85/15 )
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 large can crushed tomato
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans of your favorite beans (we used pinto)
- Spice Blend or use 3/4 cup chili powder blend
- 1 pack hotdogs or your choice of encased meat
- 1 pack hotdog buns
- red onion, minced
- pepper jack cheese
- sour cream
- Heat up a chili pot. Sweat the onion and peppers in vegetable oil.
- Add ground beef and separate and add seasoning mix and cook for appx 5 minutes.
- Then add tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add beef stock, crushed tomato, and beans and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sear, boil, grill, or smoke your hot dogs and toast the buns.
- Place meat in the bun and then add cheese.
- Top with a healthy amount of chili and finish with red onion and sour cream.