COMPETITION CHICKEN THIGHS
- Trim chicken thighs by removing the skin and scraping off the fat. Trim excess fat from meat.
- Apply the Chicken Rub on both sides of the meat and skin. Lay the skin back on the chicken and shape into pillows.
- Heat the smoker to 275F degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons marinade into four aluminum loaf pans. Add the pans to the smoker for 10 minutes.
- Place three thighs in each loaf pan. Top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Cover with foil. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Dunk in sauce. Place on a wire rack and smoke for 10 more minutes.
Want more delicious recipes from Christie Vanover? Download her full Ebook here.