Recipe by: Sally Roeckell @tableanddish
'Tis the season for the fresh smell of cinnamon, warm drinks, and tasty desserts enjoyed with family. We wanted to give you the best taste of the holidays with this beautiful mulled wine recipe with hints of orange, star anise, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced into half rounds
- 2 heaping tbs Spiceology Mulling Spice
- 2–4 tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste (you can also use apple juice to sweeten your mulled wine)
- optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise, rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat just barely to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Be careful not to boil the mulled wine just simmer gently.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
This can easily be made in a crockpot on low for a crowd.
Feel free to use your choice of sweetener, or leave the mulled wine un-sweetened.
You can also place the oranges, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise in a cheesecloth. Simply strain and pull out the bundle when ready to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.