- 4 quart water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 6 large lemongrass stalks cut in bias
- 1 ginger root chopped
- black pepper, ground coarse
- 2 fl oz calamansi juice
- 2 full chickens
- soy sauce
- calamansi juice
- fish sauce
- garlic, minced
- In a large stock pot, combine the brine ingredients without the calamansi juice and two chickens. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Cool with ice, or place the pot in a sink packed with ice. Stir occasionally to cool the liquid evenly. Stir in calamansi juice and place chicken into the pot. Refrigerate and brine for 24-48hrs.
- To make the basting sauce, heat the oil with the Chicken SZN in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all the ingredients in a squeeze bottle. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Take your chicken out of the brine and place on a sheet tray. NO NEED to pat it down.
- Place the chicken in the oven. Every 7 minutes you’re going to want to rotate the pan 6-8 times during the cooking process. This will stretch the chicken skin out and create a nice even golden brown color across the bird.
- Each time you rotate the chicken you’ll want to also use the basting sauce to baste the chicken. Use a culinary brush for best results.
- Cook your chicken until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Portion your chicken out use the Toyomansi Sauce to dip the chicken in.