- 2 lb tasso ham (or other smoked pork product)
- 24 oz cooked white beans
- 24 oz chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb chopped kale (sub out spinach or collard greens)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Spiceology Salt Pepper Garlic Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- In a black iron pot or soup, add oil and tasso ham. Cook on medium heat to render and brown the ham for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic, sweat into the rendered ham for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken stock, bring up to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add greens and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Taste and season soup with Spiceology SPG. Add chopped parsley.
- Remove soup from heat and serve in soup bowls. Generously garnish each bowl with grated parmesan cheese.
*Serves 4-6 as an entree or 6-8 as appetizer.