There’s a reason why our Black & Bleu Cajun & Bleu Cheese blend is a best seller and general fan favorite – there’s just nothing out there quite like it and it’s freakin’ delicious. Made with real dehydrated bleu cheese and some of our favorite Cajun spices, you’re getting a never-before-tasted flavor profile that’s good and so many dishes – from mashed potatoes to popcorn – and everything in between.
Take this Roasted Squash Soup by Chef Ryan Wiebe – the hint of heat and creaminess instantly elevates any soup, but knocks it out of the park when you roast autumn squash, onions and garlic with a healthy shake of Black & Bleu. Top with some of of your favorite crunchies like kale chips, pumpkin seeds, good oil – even chili crisp.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium onion
- 4–5 garlic cloves
- 1-inch knob of ginger
- 1/4 cup, Spiceology Black & Bleu spice blend
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 liter of chicken or vegetable stock,
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional) Crispy kale, olive oil, crème fraiche, pumpkin seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half and take the seeds out, and roughly chop the onion and garlic
- Season with olive oil and Spiceology Black & Bleu and roast in the oven (10 minutes for garlic, 15-20 minutes for the onion and another 10 minutes for the squash or until tender.
- Heat Dutch oven with some oil, remove the flesh from the squash and add all the roasted vegetables to the pot and the ginger
- Add the stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until ginger is cooked.
- Add cream and blend until smooth.
- Garnish the soup or don’t, enjoy with some fresh bread and relax for the day.