- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium onion
- 4–5 garlic cloves
- 1-inch knob of ginger
- 1/4 cup, Spiceology Black & Bleu spice blend
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 liter of chicken or vegetable stock,
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional) Crispy kale, olive oil, crème fraiche, pumpkin seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half and take the seeds out, and roughly chop the onion and garlic
- Season with olive oil and Spiceology Black & Bleu and roast in the oven (10 minutes for garlic, 15-20 minutes for the onion and another 10 minutes for the squash or until tender.
- Heat Dutch oven with some oil, remove the flesh from the squash and add all the roasted vegetables to the pot and the ginger
- Add the stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until ginger is cooked.
- Add cream and blend until smooth.
- Garnish the soup or don’t, enjoy with some fresh bread and relax for the day.