James Beard Semifinalist, Bravo Top Chef, ceviche, lobster roll and BBQ expert, this award-winning restauranteur (and Spiceology local favorite) Chef Chad White is helping folks make amazing meals at home.
Today, Chad’s sharing this juicy meatloaf recipe that will have you feeling cozy & full of pork goodness in no time.
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 3/4 lb ground brisket
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup of @porkpanko or other breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (whatever you have on hand)
- 4 tbsp yellow mustard
- 12 pieces of bacon, pounded flat (I used the back of a ladle)
- 6 tbsp Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero rub
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together well (except bacon, mustard and Honey Habanero rub). Remove from bowl and form into a 4″ x 10″ loaf.
- Rub the outside of loaf with the yellow mustard.
- Layer all the bacon on a sheet tray stretched out. Overlap each piece by 1/4”. Place loaf on the sheet of bacon and fold the bacon slices over to tightly wrap the meatloaf. You can massage ends to make bacon stick together.
- Carefully season all sides of the bacon-wrapped loaf with Spiceology Honey Habanero spice rub.
- Place meatloaf with bacon-seam side down on grill or oven. Smoke or bake for 1 hour at 325F or until internal temperature reaches 155F.
- Pull from smoker or oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Serve & enjoy!
- When using a probe or thermometer, check temperature in the same hole rather than testing is multiple spots, which would cause the juices to run out.
- If you want more smoke flavor, set the temp to 250F and smoke for approximately 2 hours (rather than 1 hr at 325F).