CHEF’S GARDEN VEGGIE CORN DOG
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Time: 1 hour
For the zucchini
- 1 baby zucchini squash
For the batter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (or another fat source)
- 2 tablespoons Sasquatch BBQ’s Mother Plucker Rub
- 1 cup fine-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Pinch salt
Prepare the zucchini
- Cut all squash vertically into two halves.
- Toss long zucchini in a bowl with salt evenly.
- Let sit for 8-10 minutes to expel moisture.
- Drain water and pat squash dry with towels.
- They are now ready for dredging.
- Sweat the shallots in a pan with the clarified butter (or any other fat source)
- Add Mother Plucker blend.
- Mix all ingredients including the shallots and fat in a bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a long container like a cup, so you’re able to dip your squash in.
- When battering squash or hot dog, dip in batter then give a couple of shakes. Dip into batter again and shake.
- Once sufficiently battered, dry in a pot of canola oil set to 325°F.
- Season with salt once golden brown and sprinkle some more mother plucker on top.