There are many variations of the enchilada. Whether it’s chicken, pork, beef or fish, the enchilada proves to be a fun and delicious way to experiment with flavors. Our Chile Margarita Street Enchiladas are exactly that, amazingly fresh and flavorful.
Corn tortillas are quickly fried in olive oil and then stuffed with grilled flank steak seasoned with Chile Margarita, our all natural Mexican rub. We took it to the next level by topping it with spoonfuls of Easy Enchilada Sauce freshly prepared minutes earlier. Be generous! You won’t regret it.
We finished the dish in true Mexican style topping the enchiladas with fresh chopped cilantro, red onion and crumbled queso fresco, a fresh, light cheese with bright, milky and mild flavor to compliment the warm citrusy flavors of the grilled flank steak. If there is any doubt in your mind about enchiladas, I assure you, this recipe will leave you licking your plate wishing you had made more!
Chile Margarita Street Enchiladas Recipes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups grilled flank steak seasoned with Chile Margarita, chopped
- 2 cups Easy Enchilada Sauce, warm
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (4 oz.)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion (1 large)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil. When oil is hot, place tortilla in skillet for 15-20 seconds, lightly browning each side.
- Top tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the grilled flank steak and 1 tablespoon each of the queso fresco and red onion, fold in half and place in a baking dish, or platter. Repeat until you have 10 enchiladas.
- Before serving, top enchiladas with Easy Enchilada Sauce, more fresh chopped cilantro and red onion. Sprinkle queso fresco over and serve!