Who doesn’t love the flavors of chorizo packed into a burger? Aaron Fish makes his version of a Chorizo burger topped with Oaxaca cheese, Achiote Labneh, avocado mustard, pickled onion, roasted pepper, microgreens, and cilantro. Paired with the heat that Achiote brings in the Labneh, tanginess from avocado mustard, sweetness from roasted peppers and pickled onion, freshness with herbs, this burger will knock it out of the park for a family dinner or weekend around the grill. Pair with one of our Spiceology cocktails for a great meal.
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- ¼ cup Jean-Paul Bourgeois Creole Tomato & Onion Chorizo Blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Oaxaca cheese
- Achiote labneh (recipe below)
- avocado mustard
- Hibiscus Habanero pickled onion
- roasted bell pepper
- sunflower shoots or sprouts
- fresh cilantro
- grilled jalapeno
- Gently mix the salt, Chorizo blend and beef in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- Form patties and set aside.
- Heat Pellet grill to 450 degrees and place burgers on grill. Cook until desired doneness, flipping halfway.
- Serve on a crusty roll with avocado mustard, oaxaca cheese, achiote labneh, hibiscus habanero pickled onions, fresh herbs and jalapeno.
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt, strained
- ¼ cup Spiceology Achiote Blend
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Strain yogurt overnight in the refrigerator.
- Discard liquid and mix with remaining ingredients.