Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Have a can of pumpkin puree in the pantry? Make this super simple Pumpkin Soup with that one can and just a handful of ingredients; Spiceologist and Chef Lynette shows you how to whip this together on the stove when you’re in the mood for cozy comfort food.
Never used our Pumpkin Spice blend? It includes a perfect balance of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice – and it’s always ground fresh so the flavor just pops in whatever you use it in.
Our High/Low Recipe Series features low effort no-recipe recipes (aka you just shake that stuff in) and a high effort recipes if you’re looking for more of a challenge. Full recipe below.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups 16 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (can substitute with orange juice or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Spiceology Ground Sage
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Spiceology ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, syrup, or acid as needed.
- Serve hot – can top hot soup with creme fraiche, a drizzle of olive oil, and/or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper alongside crusty fresh bread.