Learn how to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home with ingredients you probably have in your cupboard.
It’s that time of year. The leaves are changing, the air is getting brisk and the sign at our favorite coffee haunts are covered in the words “Pumpkin Spice Latte”. Yes, it’s easy to whip out the card and pay $5+ for a warm cup of pumpkin deliciousness, but let me tell you – it’s so easy to make at home, you’ll wonder why you never did it before.
- 2 cups milk (any % you choose)
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso
- nutmeg, for garnishing (optional)
- canned whipped cream
- Add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly – if you allow it to boil it will get thick (yuck).
- Whisk the mixture until it starts to froth, about 1 minute.
- Divide milk mixture between two mugs. Add the coffee slowly down the side so you don’t disturb the milk froth, add a squirt of whipped cream and a pinch more of the pumpkin pie spice and enjoy.