Easy Skillet Lasagna
This is the ultimate easy lasagna. One skillet, no-boil pasta, and layers of hearty flavors from the sausage, marinara, and cheese! Yes, please!
- 10-12″ Cast Iron Skillet or another oven safe skillet
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 carrot minced
- 1 lbs ground sausage
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Girl Carnivore Over Easy Spice Blend
- no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 3 cups spinach, rinsed
- 8 oz mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh basil, julienned and chopped
Cook the Sausage
- Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook over medium heat, 5 minutes. Breaking into small pieces.
- Add the chopped onion and carrot, cooking until the sausage is cooked through and the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from heat and transfer the sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Preheat the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prep the Ricotta
- Whisk the ricotta in a large bowl with the egg, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the GirlCarnivore Over Easy blend.
Layer the ingredients
- In the now empty skillet, spoon a little marinara saue into the pan to coat.
- Add a layer of the no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Top with a few mushrooms and handful of spinach.
- Dollop the ricotta over top and spread with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Add a heafty portion of the ground sausage mixture evenly over everything.
- Spoon marinara over the meat layer.
- Repeat the steps with the next layer of noodles until the pan is full.
- Top with a layer of marinara and place the mozzarella evenly over top.
Cook the Lasagna
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and allow to cook for 30 minutes, until the pasta is softened and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired before slicing to serve.
- If the cheese starts to brown, cover the skillet with foil.
- Serve with a fresh salad or roasted green beans on the side.
- Cool completely and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Only reheat portions as needed to avoid drying out.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water over the lasagna as you reheat in the microwave to help pasta from drying out.
- This recipe is shown being made in a cast-iron skillet. If you use cast iron, remove the lasagna when done serving and wipe the cast iron out immediately and reseason. Letting acidic foods sit too long in cast iron can wear down the natural seasoning.
- Pre-cooking mushrooms will help to draw liquid out from them, preventing the lasagna from becoming too watery as it cooks.
Want more Kita Roberts / Girl Carnivore recipes? Visit girlcarnivore.com