- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata or ripe olives
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Spiceology Greek Freak Rub, divided
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 4 block cut tuna filets, 2 inch thick (about 2 pounds) OR 4 slices of firm tofu patted dry
- In medium bowl, gently toss tomato, cheese, olives and 1/2 tablespoon of Greek Freak. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix Greek Freak with oil and brush mixture over all sides of tuna fillets.
- Sear tuna over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes (depending on your desired degree of doneness), carefully flip and sear other side.
- Once tuna is cooked to desired temperature, plate and top with tomato-feta mixture.
Suggested Wine Pairing: Katafune Tokubetsu Honjozo Genshu Niigata (720ml)