Greek Freak is one of my favorite spice blends that we make. It’s incredibly versatile and can be added to almost everything. For this recipe, I browned ground turkey mixed with Greek Freak to give it some flair. Top with fresh tomatoes, onion, Kalamata olives and feta and you have dinner all wrapped up in a lettuce leaf. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Other uses for Greek Freak:
- Roll pork tenderloin in a generous amount and grill or bake. Slice and top with feta crumbles and serve.
- Add to ground beef when making meatballs.
- Sprinkle into chili or soups
- Add to ground beef when making hamburgers, grill to juicy perfection.
Makes 6 Servings
1 lb ground turkey
2 tablespoons Greek Freak Spice Blend
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup quartered Kalamata olives
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
Butterhead lettuce leaves
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon milk
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and Greek Freak seasoning and brown until no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl stir together the yogurt, garlic and milk.
- Add some of the meat mixture to a lettuce leaf and top with tomatoes, onion, olives and feta. Drizzle a little of the yogurt sauce over the top. Repeat with remaining lettuce and meat.