Harissa Chicken Skewers Recipe
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1” pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Harissa Blend
- Cut the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients (not the bamboo, silly) in a blender and puree.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Skewer meat on soaked bamboo skewers (3-5 pieces per) and cook on a preheated griddle 375°F flipping after 2-4 minutes and cooking until an internal temperature of 165°F.
- A pellet grill is a great way to do this. If you don’t have a griddle you can put into a pellet grill or a pellet grill you can use a regular grill (gas or charcoal) or even just bake in the oven.
- Serve with some fresh tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber, herbs and spices) or just straight up.
- Either way you will want to dust with some fresh lime zest, cilantro leaves, mint leaves and a few extra Serrano slices.