PEACH HICKORY COUNTRY RIBS
- Recipe by: Chef Justin O’neill, Spiceology Account Executive
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5-2 lbs country pork ribs
- ¼ cup Spiceology Hickory Peach Porter Rub
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can peaches (substitute 1 fresh peach when available)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup porter (Mississippi Mud used)
- large saute pan with a lid or dutch oven
- green onion, to garnish
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- Generously, season pork with Spiceology Hickory Peach Porter Rub.
- In a pan, over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons cooking oil, then add your pork.
- Sear the pork on both sides then add sliced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peaches, beer, and chicken stock. Cover and bring the heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer for 1.5 hours. While the meat is simmering, make your rice according to package (generally 2 parts water to 1 part rice).
- Once Pork is done set aside to rest and keep the liquid in the pan.
- Plate your rice with sliced pork on top. Then turn the heat on the pan back up to medium-high and bring the liquid to a hard boil. Reduce for 5 minutes then take the mixture off the heat and blend it carefully (if you don’t have a blender, just serve the sauce a little chunky over the dish).
- Finish with green onions and enjoy.