- 2 cups brioche bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/8 pound butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, julienned
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, slivered
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Derek Wolf Lemon Chili Rye Blend
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Melt butter in a pan with canola oil. When butter is bubbling and melted, add brioche bread cubes 1 cup at a time.
- Spread out and pan fry, turning to toast all sides of each cube. This takes a while, but is totally worth it.
- Place pan-fried croutons on a paper towel-lined sheet pan or baking rack. Set aside.
- Make the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine brioche with remaining salad ingredients and dressing.
- Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately for best quality.
Make it a meal.
Serve with pan-seared or grilled salmon drizzled with black garlic honey and lemon herb salad (lemon zest and fresh herbs).