Loaded Waffle Chips with Sour Cream & Onion Dip. Let’s just pause there. Now imagine a baked potato with all the fixin’s and it’s a chip? Seriously, Spiceology’s Salt-Free Loaded Baked Tater blend is so packed with flavor, it’s not even funny. It’s smoky, garlicky and even has sour cream powder in it. Who says salt free has to taste like sawdust? Not Us!! The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the chips to soak in cold water. This method removes excess starch and keeps the potatoes from sticking together and makes them extra crispy! Soggy potatoes – no thanks. Of course, you can add salt to this recipe if you’d like – that’s the other beautiful part of our Salt-Free blends – you control the sodium! Enough talking, go make these immediately.
For the Chips
- 2–3 russet potatoes, washed and cut into waffle shape
- Oil, for frying
- 2–3 tablespoons Spiceology Salt-Free Loaded Baked Tater blend
For the Dip
- 1/3 cup sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt (for renal diet)
- 1–2 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
For the Chips
- Cut potatoes using the waffle setting on a mandolin. Place into a large bowl of cold water and allow to soak for 3-4 hours. This removes some of the starch and results in a crispier chip. Drain on paper towel for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil in a large pot to 350º F. Add potatoes in 2-3 batches and fry until they begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and dust with spice blend. Repeat with remaining chips and spice blend. Serve with Sour Cream & Onion Dip (below).
For the Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and stir to combine