At Spiceology, we spend a lot of time educating about how our spice rubs can be used for far more than being bellied up to the BBQ, but then there are times when we just have to say….belly up! Our rubs are super versatile and easy to use in a multitude of cooking applications, but 1st and foremost, they are great for grilling. Take these Maui Wowee Chicken Skewers for instance. They are marinated for a short time in a mixture of our spice rub and pineapple juice then threaded onto skewers and grilled to delicious perfection. They are packed with flavor and only require a sprinkle of cilantro and that’s it.
I served these bad boys with fried Garlic-Butter rice but you could serve them with steamed rice, quinoa or even over a medley of grilled veggies. However you do it, just make sure you do it. They are delish!
Maui Wowee Chicken Skewers
- Prep Time: 2-3 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 8 chicken tenders, thawed
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Maui Wowee Rub
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- black sesame seeds, for serving
- steamed rice, for serving
- In a large zip top bag, add the chicken, pineapple juice and Maui Wowee spice rub. Zip closed and massage outside of bag to mix ingredients together. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare grill by oiling grates. Preheat to medium-high (about 400 degrees F).
- Remove from the fridge and thread 2 tenders onto each skewer. Grill for 3-4 minutes, flip and repeat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, or to your liking. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cilantro and black sesame seeds before serving.