We challenged Chef Justin (from Off the Line) to come up with a delicious dish that was both Mom-approved and “kid capable” (meaning they can help!). The result? Something oh-so-sweet and delicious, just like Mom.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon + more for cooking vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 small container raspberries
- 1 small container blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (berry or plain)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology S’mores Blend
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Raspberry Powder
- Add berries and sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Continue mixing every few minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Don’t be afraid to break the fruit down a little bit
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, milk, eggs, 1 tablespoon oil and salt. Whisk until completely smooth.
- In a nonstick pan, over medium/medium-high heat, add a bit of vegetable oil then remove pan from heat and add ¼ cup of crepe batter.
- Swirl batter in the pan to spread and create the circular crepe shape, return to heat and cook for appx ½ minutes or until the crepe is cooked through, don’t flip the crepe, only cook on one side.
- Remove the crepe and place on paper towel.
- Repeat until your batter is gone. (Makes approximately 7 crepes)
- Fill the crepes with fruit crepe with cream cheese and macerated berries. Fill the savory crepe with hazelnut spread (we recommend Nutella) and banana slices.
- Roll up and dust with powdered sugar and Spiceology Raspberry Powder for the berry crepe and Spiceology S’mores Blend for the savory crepe.
We suggest serving with a side of bacon and a Momosa (it’s just a mimosa for mom)!
- Use leftover macerated berries and place a spoonful in a glass cup. Pour champagne over the top and stir. Serve to mom with your crepes.