- 2 cups of flour (can substitute Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Spiceology Maple Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup warm water
Blueberry Bacon Bourbon Toppings
- 1lb of blueberries
- a package of bacon, cooked extra crispy
- bourbon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero Rub
Strawberry Champagne Toppings
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups of champagne
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Spiceology Strawberry Powder
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Maple Sugar
- 1 cup Spiceology Carbonated Sugar
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a stand mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer or spoon) combine the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Mix lightly
- While mixing, add in your warm water. Then slowly add in your egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Now slowly incorporate your melted butter. If using a hand mixer or spoon, add in 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup melted butter at a time and stir until it’s mostly combined before adding more. Dough will be sticky and thick.
- Once all ingredients have been combined, transfer to a clean un-oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour 30 min. (If making your dough ahead of time, stop here and do step 5 the next day. Dough can be stored, covered, in a neutral location. If your house is very warm, you can store it in the fridge, but remove 30 minutes before using it.)
- At this stage you can add in any mix-ins you would like: chocolate chips, pearl sugar, sprinkles, fruit, etc. Then let rest an additional 15 minutes.
For the quickest results, use a metal bowl and chill it in the freezer prior to using.
- Combine your heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Done! Store in an airtight container and use promptly.
Blueberry Bacon Bourbon Waffle
- While the dough is rising, make your bacon! I prefer extra crispy bacon for this recipe so it stands on its own and brings a great texture. As you are cooking your bacon, sprinkle each side heavily with Honey Habanero.
- Once the bacon is finished, let cool and then chop.
- Warm-up your waffle iron and spray with your preference of non-stick spray.
- Once waffle iron is warmed up, use a measuring cup, ice cream scoop or spoon to section waffle dough. Loosely roll into a ball, place on the waffle maker then sprinkle with 1 tbsp of your chopped bacon, close waffle maker and cook for approx. 7 min.
- When the waffle is ready: sprinkle with blueberries and drizzle a little bourbon maple syrup. Then top with whipped cream, more blueberries, bacon, and more syrup.
- Snap a picture, tag us and enjoy!
Strawberry Champagne Waffle
- While the dough is rising, make your champagne syrup! (And obviously pour yourself a mimosa since the bottle is already open)
- To make your champagne syrup, combine your champagne and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. (Tip: the more sugar you add the more syrupy it will become, less sugar will keep it thinner)
- Let sauce simmer for approx. 20 min. Sugar should all be dissolved and you should not smell the alcohol any longer. Remove from heat and place in a cup or heat-safe container.
- Once the dough is ready, warm up your waffle iron and spray with your preference of non-stick spray
- Mix the strawberry powder and maple sugar together in a shallow bowl
- Use a measuring cup, ice cream scoop or spoon to get a chunk of dough. Roll it loosely into a ball and then press the dough into the strawberry powder mixture, coating the whole outside of the ball.
- Place dough on the waffle iron, close it and cook for approx 7 min.
- When the waffle is ready, drizzle with some champagne syrup, top with sliced strawberries, a generous dollop of whipped cream, more strawberries and a heavy drizzle of the champagne syrup.
- Right before serving, give each plate a generous sprinkle of the Carbonated Sugar for a fun surprise and enjoy!