In celebration of National IPA Day, Brad with @chilesandsmoke grilled up some chicken using our new collab rubs with New Belgium Brewing with our Summer BBQ Blend and Citrus Ginger Blend. Our Summer BBQ Blend has a great balance of brown sugar, garlic, and celery salt with mild heat to add the right amount of flavor to the chicken. Our Citrus Ginger Blend has hints of juniper berry, orange peel, rose petals, ginger, hibiscus, and apricot to add a fresh citrusy punch to pair perfectly with any IPA. Finished off with a Voodoo Ranger BBQ cream sauce, these chicken drumsticks will be a hit for your whole family. Crack open a Voodoo Ranger IPA and sit down and dig in.
New Belgium Brewing Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology New Belgium Summer BBQ
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology New Belgium Citrus Ginger
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce (Voodoo Ranger)
- Limes/lemon slices
- Take your chicken out of the fridge and pat dry. Season each side generously with the rub, using more if needed. Allow it to sit at room temperature while you light the coals.
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature of around 350F.
- Skewer the chicken drumsticks, alternating their direction. Make sure you don’t pierce the bone, skewer through the thicker side of the drumstick.
- Place the skewers over the coals, about 6-8″ away. Rotate as needed, making sure that the thicker parts are cooked through. You will grill for 20-25 minutes until they reach about 175F internal temperature. Stay near them to avoid burnt spots.
- Pull the skewers when ready and allow them to rest for a few minutes while you prepare the sauce.
- Mix the sour cream, mayo, and BBQ sauce together. Add herbs or fresh chiles if using.
- Serve with citrus slices and beer, squeezing the citrus over the chicken.
You can customize the sauce and seasonings to your preference. Grill directly on grates if you do not have an open pit or skewers.