Orange-Ancho Smoked Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons Christie Vanover Chicken Rub
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile
- Combine the Chicken Rub with the baking powder. Sprinkle onto all sides of the wings. Leave in the refrigerator uncovered for at least 8 hours.
- Heat the smoker to 250F degrees. Add the wings and smoke for 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, until reduced and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Increase the grill temp to 375F degrees. Continue cooking the wings for 5 minutes.
- Brush the wings with the glaze and cook for 5 minutes. Brush again and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with extra glaze.
Want more delicious recipes from Christie Vanover? Download her full Ebook here.