- 2 pounds Bosc pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero Sweet Spicy Rub
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepared Pie Crust dough, 1 disk
- Add the pears, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to a large bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In an ovenproof cast-iron skillet, add the 2/3 cup sugar and place over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar melts and turns golden brown. Add the butter and stir well to combine. Sprinkle Smoky Honey Habanero Rub and cinnamon over the caramel and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add the pears so they fit snuggly on the bottom. Top with the pie dough disk, tucking the sides down between the sides of the skillet and the pears.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 35-45 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around the edges and place a serving plate over the skillet. Carefully flip the tart over. Serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar, whipped cream or ice cream.