Is it even a holiday party if there isn’t a tray of Buckeye candy around? We’re giving a new twist to the amazingly snackable sweet with the addition of our Pumpkin Spice into the mix. These are super easy to throw together and you’ll single-handedly be the dessert darling this season.
- 2.5 Cups / 253g / 9oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup / 250g / 8.75oz Smooth Peanut Butter
- 6 Tablespoons / 84g / 2oz Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon / 2.37g / 0.084oz Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon / 8g / 0.278oz Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon / 2.14g / 0.074oz Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Shortening
- Spiceology Espresso Salt, as needed
- In a small pot melt the butter and add the instant coffee powder, vanilla extract, and kosher salt, stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, melted butter mixture, and Spiceology Pumpkin Spice. Mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Alternatively you can use a hand mixer.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and portion into 24 equal balls (using a portion scoop if you have one to keep them uniform). Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Refrigerate to keep firm while you melt the chocolate.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and vegetable shortening, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the tray of buckeyes from the refrigerator and dip one at a time in the chocolate, leaving the top third of the ball exposed. Use a toothpick to hold the ball while you dip. Replace the chocolate covered buckeye on the tray until you dip all of them.
- Using an offset spatula and your finger close up the holes left from the toothpick and sprinkle a pinch of Spiceology Espresso Salt.
- Keep the buckeyes refrigerated until ready to serve.