- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Purple Haze Rub
- 4–5 medium fresh beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- butter lettuce
- goat chèvre
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash and trim greens from the beets.
- Wash and separate leaves of butter lettuce. Set aside in the refrigerator for plating later.
- Boil whole beets for about 30 minutes or until easily pierced with a paring knife.
- While beets boil, prepare marinade. In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar and Purple Haze. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Remove from the water and allow to cool before handling. Then rub under cool running water to peel easily (apron recommended for possible splashing color).
- Slice each beet and add to a bowl with olive oil, vinegar and Purple Haze mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to marinate.
- When plating, arrange lettuce leaves and top with slices of beets. Crumble goat cheese over the top and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.