If you’re looking for a sweet and savory snack, this is your recipe. Roasted chickpeas are one of the easiest recipes to make. It only takes a few ingredients and time in the oven. If you don’t eat these by handfuls, try them as a crunchy addition to salads or to top soups. This recipe is incredibly versatile and we think you should try it using our Really Ranch blend, Loaded Baked Potato blend, or our Black & Bleu blend.
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Habanero Blend
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels and drain the chickpeas for a minimum of 30 minutes to completely dry them.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and turn it on to 425º F.
- In a large bowl, add the dried chickpeas, olive oil, salt and pepper (not the spice blend yet). Stir to combine. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and add the chickpeas in a single layer. Shake them around a bit and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and shake or stir. Place back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Remove and shake or stir the chickpeas. At this point they should be starting to become dry. Test one carefully. If they are crunchy, remove and allow them to cool. If they need more time, reduce to 10-15 minute increments of testing for crunchy chickpeas.
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil and add the Hibiscus Habanero blend. Stir or toss to coat. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.