Once you’ve had smoked hummus – it’s going to be your new go-to. With a little time in the smoker, you can amp up store-bought hummus with our Rosemary Dijon blend and impress all of your neighbors and friends this summer.
Rosemary Dijon Smoked Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Spiceology Rosemary Dijon blend
- 1 pint container of store bought plain hummus
- 1/4 cup mayo
- herbs, chopped
- disposable aluminum pan
- smoking tube
- applewood smoking chips
- Remove the hummus from the plastic container and transfer to the aluminum pan.
- Add Rosemary Dijon and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Fill the smoking tube with applewood chips.**
- In a bbq or grill without heat, place the aluminum pan on the rack with the smoke tube alongside it.
- To ignite your chips use a propane torch at the open end until flames appear on the chips. Allow to burn for a few seconds before blowing out the flames. Shut the grill to create a cold smoke chamber for your hummus.
- After the smoke has stopped or, about two hours, remove the hummus.
- Stir in mayo and plate in a serving bowl. Top with chopped herbs and enjoy with pita chips of focaccia bread.
** If you do not have a smoking tube you can add about a cup of applewood chips to a second aluminum pan and follow lighting instructions.