Salted Mexican Hot Chocolate Granola – what a mouthful! But seriously, this recipe is so fast to toss together and only requires a few stirs to make it come to fruition. The addition of a little spicy heat from the Mexican Hot Chocolate blend is an unexpected surprise that will delight your tastebuds. Serve over granola with fresh berries or as a cereal with your milk of choice.
Salted Mexican Hot Chocolate Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Mexican Hot Chocolate Blend
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275º F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a small bowl or glass measure, add the wet ingredients and stir. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Stir well and return for another 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Stir in the chocolate chips and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.