Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Based on Hell’s Kitchen’s most famous dish, Beef Wellington, this Sir Wellington blend boasts flavors of mustard, umami and shallot, with an earthy horseradish linger balanced by Worcestershire, rosemary and thyme – and pairs perfectly with mushrooms.
Prepped and cooked using Hexclad hybrid cookware.
Sir Wellington Caramelized Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 8 oz White Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Sir Wellington blend
- 3 cloves, Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a paper towel and cut in quarters (can cut in halves if the mushrooms are small).
- Heat the oil and butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan in one layer. Cook for about 4 minutes without stirring.
- Turn the mushrooms over and cook another 4 minutes.
- Stir in the Spiceology Sir Wellington seasoning and garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and marsala wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt as needed.
These mushrooms are a great side dish for steak or even on a steak sandwich. Hold the unseasoned mushrooms next time you order pizza and whip these up while you wait for delivery.