- 1 cup brown lentils
- 3–4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 each carrot, chopped
- 1 each celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons Hell’s Kitchen Sir Wellington blend
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups creamy mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine lentils and 3 cups broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, carrot, and celery until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for another minute.
- Add the lentils and their broth, Sir Wellington blend, and tomato paste. Stir in peas and simmer uncovered 10 minutes before adding more broth as needed to create a sauce. Stir in parsley.
- Spoon lentil mixture into a deep-dish pie plate. Top with mashed potatoes and bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are browned.