Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Our Hell’s Kitchen spice blend collaboration captures the essence of some of the show’s most viral moments and some of its most well-known dishes.
This recipe for a Tofu Noodle Bowl uses the Smashing Salmon blend with an acidic miso flavor and strong umami from soy and shitake mushroom, as well as hints of lemon and ginger for a kick.
Prepped and cooked using Hexclad hybrid cookware.
Smashing Salmon Tofu Noodle Bowl
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 14 oz block Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoons Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Smashing Salmon Blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2–3 cups Vegetables, julienne or rough chop
- optional, to taste Cilantro, chopped
- optional, to taste Cashews or peanuts, toasted and chopped
- optional, to taste Sesame seeds, white and/or black
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain the Tofu and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Dry the slices on a paper towel lined plate, placing another paper towel on top and a plate for weight.
- In a bowl, combine the canola oil, toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and Spiceology X Hells’ Kitchen Smashing Salmon blend. Add the tofu chunks to the marinade and let sit at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions and prepare vegetables (if needed, see Chef’s Note below).
- Remove the tofu from the marinade (reserving liquid) to a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through until charred on the corners and edges. Reserve until ready to use.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil and saute the vegetables (adding the crunchier veg first and softer veg later, to achieve uniform consistency). Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cornstarch to the reserved marinade and add this to the pan with the vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls and top with tofu chunks, chopped fresh cilantro, sesame seeds, and toasted cashews or peanuts.
Any combination of vegetables can be used for this dish and many can be purchased already cleaned and chopped (carrot, onion, celery, snap peas, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc). It is suggested to have at least 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables).