Smoky Honey Habanero Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 Cornish game hens, or pheasants – dressed
- coarse kosher salt
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, diced
- ½ cup Andouille sausage, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 nectarines or apricots (any stone fruit that is in season) , diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
For the Rub:
- 1–2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Greek Freak Blend
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Honey Habanero Blend
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat grill to 350°F.
- Place cast iron on the grill for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, sausage, and bacon. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, kosher salt – to taste, and squeeze of lemon.
- Lastly, add apple, nectarine, and 1 ½ tablespoons of Honey Habanero Blend.
- Remove skillet from grill, toss ingredients together well and set aside.
- Close the grill lid and allow temp to rise to 350°F again.
- Stuff em’ and Rub em’.
- Place them back into the cast iron skillet breast side up, allowing any extra stuffing to crowd around.
- Place cast iron back on the grill and cook for 1 ½ hour.
- Remove skillet from grill and cover with foil for at least 15 minutes before serving.