These Steak Tacos with Blackberry Corn Salsa were so easy and delicious! The strip steak gets marinated in Spiceology Blackberry Balsamic blend and olive oil and seared quickly on a grill or grill pan. The salsa comes together super fast (watch the video below) and packs a flavor punch to your taste buds. The whole things comes together in a flash and would make for a super tasty weeknight dinner idea.
We partnered with Silver Fern Farms New Zealand Beef & Lamb for this recipe and the beef is 100% grass-fed and raised on open pastures in New Zealand, with no added hormones or antibiotics ever. This steak is leaner and ultra-flavorful with a fine texture.
- 1 pack of Silver Fern Farms 100% Grass Fed New Zealand Beef Flat-Iron Steak (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Blackberry Balsamic blend
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed
- ½ cup blackberries, quartered
- 1 serrano chilli, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6–8 Corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese, to garnish
- Lime slices, to garnish
- To a zip top bag, add the steak, Blackberry Balsamic blend and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Seal well and massage to coat the steaks with the seasoning and oil. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the corn, blackberries, chili, shallot, garlic, cilantro, red wine vinegar, and the remaining olive oil. Stir well, season with salt, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill or pan grill the strip steaks to your desired level of doneness, between 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble the tacos by topping slices of beef with blackberry corn salsa, cotija, extra cilantro if desired and a squeeze of lime.