We’re saying it and will continue to yell it from the rooftops – TURKEY RUB GOES WAY BEYOND THE TURKEY. It’s a solid, savory and herbaceous mix of spices that can be used in all kinds of dishes – like this Turkey Rub Cheesy Mushroom Stuffing.
Break down your favorite loaf of sourdough and get to chopping carrots, onions, celery, and the co-star of the show: portobello mushrooms. Top it with shredded gruyere and you just won the holiday side silent competition.
Turkey Rub Cheesy Mushroom Stuffing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1/2 a large sourdough oval loaf
- 3–4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 portobello mushroom, diced
- 1/2 large carrot, small dice
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 1 med onion, small dice
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (Gouda or Gruyère)
- 3–4 tablespoons Spiceology Turkey Rub
- Fresh sage, optional
- Butter for greasing loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dice your sourdough loaf with medium/large dice
- Small dice your veggies
- Mix eggs and cream together
- Mix veggies, egg mixture, Spiceology Turkey Rub and sage with bread
- Grease loaf pan with butter
- Fill loaf pan with bread mixture
- Top with cheese and bake covered for 20-25 mins, then uncovered for 10-15 until golden and cheese is melted.
- Make ahead of time and reheat for Thanksgiving or Christmas!