- 24 baby Yukon gold potatoes
- The Grill Dad’s White Tuxedo Rub
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 bunches scallions
- 8 oz shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 10 oz pancetta
- 12 oz sour cream
- olive oil
- Prepare a pizza oven or set your oven to broil.
- Dice pancetta and sauté until crisp. Drain and set aside to use later.
- Parboil the potatoes. Don’t know what parboil is? No problem. Parboiling is when you partially boil something. So, basically we’re saying to boil the potatoes until they are partially cooked. This will be in between 5-10 minutes.
- Once parboiled, halve each potato and scoop out the “meat.” We suggest using a melon baller. Set the potato “meat” in a separate bowl. Add half the cheese, half the scallions, 3 large tablespoons of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of butter and mash together with your potato “meat.” Set aside.
- Coat your halved potatoes with olive oil and a liberal dusting of The Grill Dads’ White Tuxedo. Place the potatoes skin down in a greased cast iron skillet. Make sure to pack them tightly together. Load the potatoes with the mashed potato mixture, top with pancetta and remaining cheese.
- Place your cast iron skillet full of delicious loaded potatoes into your pizza oven or oven. Cook until the cheese is delicious, melted and golden brown. Remove from heat, top with a dollop of sour cream, scallions and a liberal dusting of The Grill Dads White Tuxedo.
- Let cool slightly… if you can. D-vour.