- 1/2 cup Spiceology X Jet Tila Umami Punch
- 3 cups Canola Oil
- 1 pound Shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small knobs of ginger, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Szechuan Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Black Peppercorns
- 2 pieces Spiceology Star Anise
- 2 tablespoons Porcini Powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup peanuts, optional
- Crush Szechuan peppercorns, black peppercorns and star anise with mortal and pestle or in a coffee grinder.
- Heat oil to 350°F.
- Fry your shallots until golden brown, remove and do the same with your garlic. Set aside.
- Add your peppercorn mixture into a heat-proof bowl with the porcini powder, ginger, peanuts and Spiceology X Jet Tila Umami Punch and salt.
- Make sure your oil is at 350°F and slowly add to the spice mixture, stirring to incorporate everything.
- Once your oil has cooled down add in your fried shallots and garlic, mix and store in air-tight containers.
- Store in the fridge and use this amazing condiment on everything!