Vadouvan Old Fashioned Recipe
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Vadouvan Blend
- 1 ½ f loz Rye Whiskey
- 1 fl oz dry sherry
- ½ fl oz Vadouvan Syrup (see recipe below)
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- To make the syrup, combine the sugar, water and Vadouvan.
- Heat in a pot over medium heat until simmering.
- Turn down to low and cook for 1 minute.
- Strain well and cool completely.
- To make the cocktail combine whiskey, sherry, vadouvan syrup and bitters in a large cup.
- Add ice and stir well.
- Strain over a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a orange peel twist.
- Drink and tip your bartender… wait, that’s you.