- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 6–7 yams, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Tandoori Glory Indian Masala Blend
- 6 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for garnishing
- pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- Heat a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the yams and onion to the bacon fat and cook until the onions are translucent and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the Tandoori Glory rub, chicken stock and tomato paste and simmer about 30 minutes, until the yams are very soft and falling apart when pierced with a knife.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Pour into a clean stockpot set over medium-low heat. Repeat with remaining soup. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir to combine. Ladle into warm bowls and top with some of the bacon pieces, pickled jalapeños and a drizzle of heavy cream and serve immediately.