-3 cups all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, or whole wheat flour
-2 teaspoons sugar
-2 ½ teaspoons celery salt or kosher salt
-5 tablespoons fat (olive oil, bacon drippings, melted coconut oil, ghee, poultry drippings, infused olive oils, etc)
-1 cup water
-2 tablespoons Chef Lawrence Duran Rotisserie Chicken Blend
-1 tablespoon of sesame or poppy seeds,
-¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
-1 tablespoon fresh herbs
- In a large bowl, sift together your dry ingredients. Create a well in the center and add your choice of fat and water. Mix until well combined and tacky.
- Flour a cool surface. Knead very lightly, you don’t want to overwork and form too much gluten. If needed, divide your dough in two halves to make it easier to work with. Roll into a rectangle approx ⅛ inch thick.
- Brush lightly with olive oil, or choice of fat, and cut into desired shape. You can use a cookie cutter, pizza cutter, pasta cutter or knife.
- Use a spatula or bench scraper to transfer crackers to sheet pans with parchment paper. Using a fork or toothpick, prick each cracker 3-4 times.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer crackers to a cooling rack. They will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to a week.
Tips: If it’s warm in your house, place some ice packs on your counter prior to rolling your dough If using whole wheat or gluten-free dough, experiment with mixing two different fats and some additional water to help the dough form.