- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 each eggs
- 4 teaspoons Maker’s Mark Mom’s Meatball Blend
- ½ cup sweet and sour sauce
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup pineapple apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (add more or less to taste)
- In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs and milk and set aside for 5-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the remaining meatball ingredients to the breadcrumb mixture and combine using your hands, being careful not to overmix.
- Chill the meatball mixture for one hour in the refrigerator to make the meatballs easier to form.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil at the same time that the meatballs are in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the meatball mixture and form into a ball. Place each meatball onto the prepared baking sheet
- Bake meatballs for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven and move meatballs to a serving platter, bowl, or on top of rice or stir fry noodles. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and serve immediately.