- In a sauce pot, mix the water sugar and salt until the salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Immediately add ice to brine.
- Once the ice melt, drop the turkey into the brine and place in refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- After brining, take out the turkey and pat dry.
- Take your butter and rub the turkey under its skin. Rub as evenly as possible until turkey skin.
- Rub the Spiceology Turkey Rub over the turkey evenly and place into smoker breast side up at 225 degrees for 2.5 hours.
- Crank up the heat to 350 degrees until breast temp is about 156-158 degrees, internal.
- Pull from smoker and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.