- 6 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into uniform chunks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 8–12 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Black & Bleu blend
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil. Add potatoes to the boiling water and bring the water back to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered until the potatoes fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the buttermilk, milk and butter in a small saucepan, making sure it doesn’t boil. Set aside until the potatoes are done.
- As soon as the potatoes are tender, drain them in a colander. Rice them in batches over a heatproof bowl. Stir in about half of the hot milk mixture rubber spatula. Add more milk mixture to make the potatoes creamy. Stir in the spice blend, fresh thyme leaves and season with salt and the pepper, and serve hot. To keep the potatoes warm, place the bowl over a pan of simmering water for up to 30 minutes. You can add a little extra hot milk to keep them creamy.