- 2–3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Oil for frying
- 1–2 tablespoons The Grill Dads Salt Pepper _ Sour Cream Onion
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
For Spicy Ranch
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Really Ranch Salt Free Blend
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1–2 teaspoons hot sauce, like Tapatio
- Salt, if desired
- Cut potatoes with a sharp knife of mandolin to 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place in a large bowl and cover with cold water and soak for 2-4 hours. Place on paper towel and allow to dry for 10-15 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil to 300º F. Fry the potatoes in small batches for 5-7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet, repeat with the remaining potatoes. This is the first fry, so they should not be browned, but just cooked.
- Increase the oil temperature to 375º F and fry the potatoes again until they begin to turn golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove to a clean paper towel lined sheet and immediately sprinkle with Salt Pepper + Sour Cream Onion seasoning on both sides. Repeat with all remaining potatoes and serve immediately with Spicy Ranch (recipe below).
- In a small bowl, add all ranch ingredients and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.