- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced into half rounds
- 2 heaping tbs Spiceology Mulling Spice
- 2–4 tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste (you can also use apple juice to sweeten your mulled wine)
- optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise, rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat just barely to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Be careful not to boil the mulled wine just simmer gently.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
- This can easily be made in a crockpot on low for a crowd.
- Feel free to use your choice of sweetener, or leave the mulled wine un-sweetened.
- You can also place the oranges, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise in a cheesecloth. Simply strain and pull out the bundle when ready to serve.