- 3 lbs oxtail
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, cleaned and sliced thin
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thick rounds
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Pumpkin Spice blend
- 2 cans Imperial Stout, such as NoLi Imperial Stout
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Add the oxtail and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until browned.
- While the oxtail cooks, in a large cast iron dutch oven, heat the oil and add the leeks, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin spice, stout, tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well to combine and add in the roasted oxtail and put the lid on.
- Braise in the oven for 3 hours, stirring once every hour. Remove from the oven when the meat is falling away from the bone. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water to make a slurry and swirl into the oxtail just before serving. Spoon over mashed potatoes, polenta or rice and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Serve this up with polenta, mashed potatoes or rice