- 12 lb turkey, natural and not injected with salt water solution
- 8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature and divided
- 3–4 tablespoons Rosemary Dijon blend
- Fresh Herbs (like rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley)
- Brine your turkey for 12-24 hours. Here’s a recipe
- Rinse the brined turkey under cold running water, inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix 4 tablespoons butter with 4 tablespoons Rosemary Dijon blend until combined. Using your hands, rub the butter mixture all over the exterior of the bird. Fill the cavity with sliced oranges and herbs.
- Roast, basting with remaining butter, for 2:45-3 hours, or until a thermometer reads 170ºF in the breast or 180ºF in the thigh.